Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Surprise!

Yesterday I had a wonderful surprise. I will start at the beginning... Yesterday I had to teach a short program at my quilt guild. A lovely lady who I met out here in blogville and had never met in person had told me last week that she might show up. She lives not too far away. With all that is going on in my world and preparing for the guild program I had totally forgotten about my little blogger friend. I arrived at guild and was busy catching up with everyone before the meeting started. Finally sat down and someone at the table behind me tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around to see this unfamiliar but kind of familiar face smurking at me! It was Sharon Vrooman! I was so surprised and excited to finally meet her. What a lovely lady she is and so knowledgable too! Most of my guild already knew her because her Mum and her are really quite legendary in my county. They even live in Quilt Lane! How about that? Sharon thanks so much for making the effort, Quilt Lane is definitely on my list of places to visit this Spring! Here is a photo that one of the guild ladies took of me and the class quilt yesterday. I am sharing it because all you can see is my head! haaa!! The quilt is now on sale in my etsy shop!

22 comments:

Ruth said...

I thought you had previously met those two when you were working with me. They always came into the shop on the day that the guild was meeting. You would really like her mom, she is a very talented quilter.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Morning sweetie - it was just as much a pleasure for me. One of my things to accomplish this year is to meet some of my blogging friends that are near - you were number one! And I enjoyed the guild meeting.

Unknown said...

A wonderful story!! Thanks for sharing.

MagicByLeah said...

what a lovely surprise! and beautiful quilt too

Mt. Baldy Glassworks said...

It is so much fun to meet up with people who we are interacting with on the net! I know I loved it when Elizabeth came to my studio to craft with me!

Crystal said...

Nice to see you! Great to meet people you look up to too!

CalliopeCreations said...

How fun! One just never knows what a chance meeting or email might bring.

Enjoy.

Sewinggranny - Mona said...

How fun to meet someone for Cyber world and your quilt is stunning!!

New England Quilter said...

Surprises are always fun - I bet that it was great to catch up in person!
Gorgeous Quilt!
Amy

delightfulprints said...

You're so funny! "can only see my head"

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

How fun! I've made some wonderful real life friends through blogging!

Anita Dean Sews said...

fabulous quilt.. fun story! .. goes to show.. you never know who you'll run into!

a mom brought a new 11 yr old over for sewing lessons last saturday.. i asked where they were from, cause she sounded more like me (a new yorker) than a Southerner .. we're in SC! she turned out to be a relocated friend of my sister in law (from Maryland)... good thing i was on my best behavior.. my mother in law had heard about it before i had a chance to call!

Sue said...

I can understand your excitement...sort of like meeting royalty. Heehee

Bill Guest said...

what a sweet story. thanks for the share

Stacy Parker said...

that quilt is lovely :)

Krystal said...

New follower from the promotional frenzy! Very cute quilt! That is nice you got to see a blogville member!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work! Thank you for sharing!

petitehermine said...

What a sweet story :) I love hearing about pleasant surprises.

BorneoBatikraft said...

Aww it`s always super fun meeting a fellow onliner type in real life!! :D Gorgeous new quilt Robs! and HUGE!!!! great spring colors too!

ElfRenee said...

That's so cool! And your quilt is amazing!

nangatesdesigns said...

So much fun when you can meet up with someone like you did. Beautiful quilt!!

Miss Hillbilly said...

I bet that was fun...I would love to meet so many blog friends, wouldn't you?